Friday, November 07, 2008

Grief subsides

It’s been 7+ months since Mommie Cat died and I miss her still, but not with the grinding sorrow of fresh grief.

Because of the vacancy Mommie left, Outside Tiger has slowly become an inside tiger, sleeping at the foot of my bed. Tommie, her “kitten,” has taken Mommie’s place as my right-hand cat, always close by, waiting for skritches and treats. And Cat is now my only girl.

I’ve been in my new job since June and it’s heaven. I enjoy my co-workers greatly. The work is fairly easy.

2 comments:

My Cookie Kitchen said...

How long did you have Mommie Cat for? I just lost my 16 year old pet. The grief has been unbearable. I never knew that we would experience such intense grief. His death was sudden. It's only been two weeks for me, but I've seen my doctor twice and he is referring me to a therapist. When the pain goes away, I am fine. But, when it envelopes me, I feel like I am dying.

andersox said...

Mommie was my companion for about 10 years. Besides losing my beloved pet, part of my grief was that she was the first animal I was responsible for making the decision to euthanize.

It took a month for the intense grief to subside and a year before I could talk about her without crying.

Next week she'll have been gone 5 years. I plan to do some small thing...maybe make a donation to a shelter as a tribute to her.

I'll pray that your grief subsides. Take care.